Software Quality Engineer/DevOpsNew York, New York
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0039503 Subsidiary eBay
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a motivated quality engineer who will contribute to the building, testing, and performance of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications for Availability, Reliability and Performance in Advertising team. You will also participate in various test automation activities in an attempt to break the software. You will work under the mentorship of principal engineers to execute component, functional, integration, performance, and reliability tests. In this role you will work in scrum/agile mode, interacting with the Development, Product Owner, Scrum master, QA engineer, DBA, and Operations teams to test and analyze application features and their impact on the performance of the overall system. This position plays a key role in the development of reliability automation and workflow frameworks and tools.
The candidate is expected to be analytical, inventive and data driven. The candidate should be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Product and systems solving with deep forensics in application engineering
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience, assist in implementing reliability patterns via platform observability, defining key critical metrics for measuring system availability and reliability
- Prototype new platform features and get top priority items on the roadmap or fix
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Monitor, investigate, remediate and escalate production issues
- Maintain proper capacity of the products and their dependencies.
- Develop scripts to build performance dashboards and automate visualization
- Design procedures and tools for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Engage in product design to ensure testability, derive comprehensive test strategy
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects and plan implementations
- Support deployment, improve release process and maintain production run books.
- Write automation and testing for setting up and improving the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines for the observability of Ads products
- Coordinate the testing and release of new features across multiple teams through the entire lifecycle
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
Looking for a customer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible individual. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background and ability to provide technical leadership. Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve the business goals. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing. Highly focused individual with the ability to independently come up with comprehensive test strategies and test cases for a given product feature and ensuring that the feature rolls out with no customer facing issues.
In addition, you must possess:
- Good understanding of product development cycle as well as quality engineering process, standards, and technologies, including agile methodologies, etc
- Strong knowledge of Python, Java, Scala, JS, CSS, HTML, SQL
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end web application flows and tiers.
- Experience in Rest APIs preferred. (Understanding contracts and developing automation against contracts/mocks)
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with good quality.
- Good analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Experience in supporting releases and maintaining Site Reliability for complex systems
- Active ownership of resolving various obstacles in testing and releasing the products by collaborating with other different teams
- Demonstrates an exceptional customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
MSCS/MSEE highly desirable, BSCS or BSEE or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: