Sr. Design LeadNew York, New York Requisition Number R0037072 Subsidiary eBay
The next generation of design at eBay is here. We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Sr. UX Designer to join the Buyer Experience design team in Portland. At eBay, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your design career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
As a Sr. Designer, you will be looked at to develop innovative and user-centered experiences while developing strong collaborative relationships with our product and engineering partners. We focus on craft of execution and in the creation of innovative and intuitive solutions. You will be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interface. You’ll make things — elegant, beautiful, smart things — that live across devices — that drive engagement and loyalty to eBay. You’ll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to solve design problems at scale. And we’re looking for highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design. We want you to blow us away with your work.
THINGS THAT WE VALUE
• Curious minds and an appetite for learning
• Passion for the craft
• A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
• Fearless brainstorming
• Ability to showcase ideas with the latest design / prototyping tools
• A user-centric and strategic approach
• Strong interest in and following of the latest design trends, technology and social
You care about making great products and are willing to design and test to get to the best. You have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with stakeholders in the project team, and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better. You can design for different technologies, devices and mindsets. You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and best brands.
• 5+ years of experience
• Fluency of grids, type, color, layout, iconography, imagery, patterns and systems
• Mastery of all modern design tools mixed with latest prototyping techniques
• Experience driving design and user-experience for end-to-end projects.
• Outstanding online portfolio that shows a broad range of interaction design work from web based applications, consumer experiences, and mobile devices.
• Strong understanding of the user-centered design process. Experience working in an agile based environment a plus.
• Hands on experience of concepting and visualizing experiences through storyboarding, scenarios, flows, and prototypes at all levels of fidelity.
• Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
• Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
• An ability to be both visionary and granular when needed
• Brainstorming, work-shopping, partnering to provide strategic business insight.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Experiencing working with distributed teams
Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: