Legal intern GlobalParis, France Requisition Number R0032132 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
In partnership with the businesses, we drive the purpose and success of eBay and its buyers and sellers. The team includes the company's global legal department, risk management program, and its policy group who interacts with content regulators, law enforcement, IP, corporate governance and SEC compliance, contracts, and other legal and government relations matters.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will focus largely on helping the Global Regulatory team.
Ideally some experience (+3 months) gained either in private practice and/or in-house and a strong academic record (Master 2) you will need to help the department on:
- Drafting policy changes,
- Drafting messaging and assisting with running takedown requests from the various regulators and other outside agencies;
- Doing some legal nationally and internationally research;
- Reviewing alerts/updates from the various government agency websites;
- Drafting minutes of meetings ;
- Ability to think creatively and offer practical solutions,
- Flexibility and the ability to respond quickly and accurately to a wide variety of matters,
- Ability to build effective working relationships and have strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment,
- Ability to work well pressured and good sense of humor,
- Clear enthusiasm for eBay’s mission and business objectives.
Business standard fluency in English unquestionably necessary. Fluency in one of the following languages will be highly considered: German, Italian, Spanish.
- Advanced Diploma or Equivalent.
- You need to be registered at a French University and be able to provide a "Convention de Stage".
6 months full-time.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: