Android Software Engineer
Android Software Engineer
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Identity, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
eBay is looking for an Android Software Engineer who is passionate about creating apps consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join the mobile Identity engineering team of a world leader in commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population.
Join our tightly-knit team of engineers who enjoy working on large-scale, challenging and interesting problems. We work in small, focused, collaborative project teams following an agile methodology.
Multi-functional teams including product management, product development, and UX design, work daily to build a successful product that delights our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related experience, with 2+ years of experience in building android Applications.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin, Android frameworks, and mobile trends
- Excellent understanding of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Writing clean, simple, and tested code to support new product features.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Collaborate with colleagues in San Jose (Occasional travel required).
- Participate in sprint meetings, code reviews, UI design reviews and other feature related meetings.
- Evangelize, mentor, and promote mobile development standard methodologies throughout the company
- Provide scope on proposed features and bug fixes. This includes estimation of effort, risk identification and mitigation, possible alternate solutions.
Soft & Interpersonal Skills
- Highly collaborative mindset, an excellent teammate
- Focus and attention on the end user customer experience
- Self-learner: has a constant interest in learning new things and independently seeks areas of improvement for personal growth
- Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
- Prioritize well in a multi-project environment
- Analytical mindset and forward-thinking observer
- Effective negotiator with other teams/functions
- Sound approach to risk management
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years