Principal MTS, Architect
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With approximately 157 million active buyers, 25 million sellers, and 800 million active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for discovering great value and unique solution. Founded in 1995, eBay Inc. connects people around the world, enabling them to buy and sell online. eBay does this by providing the Internet platform of choice for global commerce. The Company is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Do you want to be part of the team that architects the industry’s most powerful and innovative e-commerce technology stack? eBay’s Core Product Technology team is embarking on an exciting journey to transform itself and determined to revolutionize the future of the e-commerce landscape.
The Core Product Architecture team is comprised of highly motivated, creative engineers tasked with leading this charge by shaping eBay’s technology, product and cultural roadmap.
We cover deep technological areas ranging from distributed systems to application cloud services to mobile systems to business entity systems and more - all delivered at astounding eBay ecommerce scales. In addition, we are looking for the best and the brightest!
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, hands-on engineer who leads by example and embodies engineering excellence. These high performing individuals have strong collaboration skills, desire to effect change and the ability to work across multiple commerce domains and software disciplines to achieve the Core Product Architecture team’s vision.
This is a hands-on position, requiring research, analysis, design, proposal, and delivery of solutions appropriate to our business and technology strategies. The Architect will play a diverse and far-reaching role in the organization, providing leadership and influencing adoption of technical solutions, strategies and design patterns across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Conceive, design and implement innovative systems and solutions to address complex business and technology problems. The solutions must be secure, resilient and performant.
- Build on eBay’s open-source and industry presence by contributing solutions that solve well-known problems to the open-source community and presenting at conferences.
- Define eBay’s portfolio of capabilities through a coherent and consumable API implemented through micro services.
- Enable consistency of these services through definition and implementation of standards and best practices to address crosscutting concerns.
- Contribute to eBay’s catalog of reusable patterns. Collaborate on pattern definition with stakeholders and peers to ensure that the pattern meets all necessary requirements.
- Create polyglot reference implementations of the pattern with clear and concise documentation to support adoption.
- Research, assess, recommend or develop technologies applied in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Build prototypes and convince businesses of the benefits of the new technologies.
- Deep subject matter expertise of concepts, products and technologies in one or more e-commerce domains with the ability to apply the expertise to set technical direction and drive improvements to our products.
- Provide technical and thought leadership across development, product management and engineering management
- Hands-on experience in building a micro services based architecture and platform developed and deployed at scale.
- Experience defining and modeling a consumable commerce API.
- Strong skill in RESTful approach with flexibility to optimize for what is best for eBay.
- Expertise in Identity concepts such as OAuth, OpenID, Authentication and Authorization. Domain expertise in one or more e-commerce domains such as Inventory, Product Classification and Order Management is a plus.
- Demonstrated background in modeling software systems
- Strong understanding & usage of algorithms, data structures, and OO methodologies in designs and coding.
- Have strong technical and product vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Team player and works well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
- BS/MS in CS with 14 or more years in software engineering, design and architecture.
View our accessibility infoR0019525-1
About our locationPortland Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.