Senior UX DesignerPortland, Oregon Requisition Number R0039338
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping global commerce? Join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
Founded in 2000, eBay Motors has sold over 5M vehicles and is the original, all-in-one-destination platform for vehicles, parts and accessories. Our customers, which consist of auto enthusiasts, auto dealers, parts distributors, auto parts retailers, buy and sell new and used cars, as well as collector cars, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs and other unique one-of-a-kind vehicles.
We are innovators and believe that the customer experience comes first! With our unique inventory we are creating and optimizing a digital buying experience for Motor Enthusiast and an easy effective selling platform for our C2C sellers and independent dealers. We are seeking a senior level UX designer to join the team in Portland, OR and lead our eBay Motors app design.
- Collaborate with research and product to make well-informed design recommendations across channels.
- Help to inform strategy and how that is best expressed in design.
- Lead, own and evangelize a mature design process so that all designs decisions have clear rationale and alignment
- Update and maintain a design system and oversee that it is correctly applied and resonates across channels.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure your designs are not only usable but also feasible and efficiently built.
- Lead agency, internal and external designer resources providing overall direction as needed.
- Strong interaction design skills underpinned by solid knowledge of app, web/mweb design standard methodologies.
- Embody a balanced, mature approach to UX, including skills in Interaction Design, Visual Design and Information Architecture
- Able to produce detailed design deliverables (wireframes, flows, mockups and sketches) to communicate design intent
- Excellent communication skills to present design recommendations (can speak confidently about the rationale of your designs)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experienced enough to facilitate good solutions that balanced business and user needs
- Good working knowledge of human psychology and research methods to inform your work
- BS/BA in User-centered design, HCI, Cognitive Science, or related field preferred.
- Strong UX portfolio (you have a track record of impactful applied design)
- Proven experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar role.
- Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape design analysis, pattern research, quantitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
- Proficient in web, native app and platform specific patterns.
- Ability to deliver design layouts in the context of user flows.
- Visual design skills grounded in a systems-thinking approach.
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale to help with partner alignment.
- Experience designing layouts and design systems in Figma.
- Experience maintaining and updating a design system.
- Experience preparing design assets for production.
- Ability to create working prototypes for user feedback
***PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION REQUIRED***
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: