Sr. DesignerPortland, Oregon Requisition Number R0037077 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a Sr. Designer to join our design team and help craft the future of this critical and foundational eCommerce experience. As a product designer, you will be looked at to develop innovative and user-centered experiences while developing strong collaborative relationships with our product and engineering partners. We focus on craft of execution and in the creation of innovative and intuitive solutions. We tackle eBay’s more grueling challenges resolutely and with trust in our abilities and those of the team we surround ourselves with.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Help contribute to the creative direction and execution of products along the customer journey. You’ll be working from identifying problems to delivering a full and complete product solution - a full stack designer if you will.
- Inspire and collaborate with product teams to rapidly produce inventive and thoughtful product experiences that are intuitive and integrate seamlessly with user’s mental models.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the Payments space
- Have a perspective on user experience research and are able to conduct testing in a number of different situations with or without funding. Both qualitative and quantitatively.
The requirements of the position:
- 5+ years of experience in interaction, product, or UX design.
- Experience driving design and user-experience for end-to-end projects .
- Outstanding online portfolio that shows a broad range of interaction design work from web based applications, consumer experiences, and mobile devices.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process. Experience working in an agile based environment a plus.
- Strong project and people skills. Must be able to function as an individual contributor and grow your design capabilities and leadership.
- Hands on experience of concepting and visualizing experiences through storyboarding, scenarios, flows, and prototypes at all levels of fidelity.
- Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of industry trends and communicate your ideas to the design org as a whole
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Design studio/consultancy background a huge plus
- Degree in interaction design, HCI, industrial design, graphic design, visual communications, or equivalent.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: