Head of Marketing analyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0033397 Subsidiary StubHub
ORGANIZATION: StubHub,www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
The Head of Marketing analytics will oversee analytics for the entire Marketing function, ensuring strong insight and decision support for all channels (SEM, SEO, Email, Display, Push Notifications, Affiliates, App). This individual will also oversee experimentation to understand marketing program effectiveness and channel incrementality. The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with world class quantitative skills, with experience in applying experimental design and analysis and multivariate modeling methodologies across a range of performance marketing channels.
- Lead the team responsible for analyzing, measuring, and optimizing our marketing investments and tactics across multiple channels
- Drive excellent practices and technical standards for establishing KPIs and goals for Marketing, developing information suites (Dashboards, reports, visualizations) fit for C-level consumption, and marketing campaign tracking and measurement
- Mentor the talented individual contributors on your team to grow their own analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Develop and improve multi-touch attribution models and frameworks to assign credit for traffic and conversions across a variety of Marketing channels and touchpoints
- Leverage our data to scale our ability to optimize marketing through the entire lifecycle of live events and the customer journey
- Help the marketing channel owners optimize return on their effort and spending through analysis, controlled experiments, quasi-experiments, and pre-post analyses
- Run the weekly Marketing Performance Meeting, providing rigorous, impartial feedback, measurement advice, and thought leadership
- Work cross-functionally with peers in analytics and other critical functions to develop a holistic view of marketing performance and growth opportunities
- Present findings and recommendations for action to senior leaders of the company, and support the individual contributors on your team to do the same for their work
- Be fluent in the business overall and contribute thoughts and advise when engaging your peers 1:1, in small meetings, and in large meetings comprising StubHub’s extended leadership team, of which you will be a member
- Exceptional problem solving, and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Rich experience in Marketing analytics with a strong understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them
- Fluency in web analytics and deep technical understanding of how data are created from first party and third-party web beacons
- Deep understanding of controlled experimentation and causal inferencefrom quasi/natural experiments
- Fluency in SQL, Hive and Tableau. Experience with Google cloud analytics tools is highly desired
- Proficiency with R and/or Python libraries commonly used in data science
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly know what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing analytics leadership roles
- 3 to 5 years people management experience
- Ideal candidates will possess an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, etc.
**The role is a San Francisco-based, at StubHub’s headquarters. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to the Bay Area.**
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself