Lead Analyst, Marketing AnalyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028118 Subsidiary StubHub
Position: Lead Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Location: San Francisco, CA
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One - We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven - We strive for excellence - constantly improving our game
Courageous - We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive - We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse - We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand - We experience the world through StubHub
As the Lead Analyst in the Marketing Analytics organization you will join forces with the Head of Marketing Analytics to implement and unlock opportunities that will drive results at scale across Search, Display and App marketing channels. You will be responsible for describing ROI through evolving our A/B test practices and performance reporting. Your business partners will belong to a high functioning cooperative of portfolio managers, data warehouse engineers and data scientists. The role reports to the Head of Marketing Analytics and will have NO people management responsibilities in the immediate future.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with excellent quant skills, and particular experience applying experimental design and statistical inference to measure incremental campaign performance. He/she will have a passion for data democratization and will drive towards continuous improvement in the area of performance reporting. This role will be pivotal to shaping and achieving our global growth strategy.
- Working side-by-side with the channel managers, advise on optimization strategy, accurately sizing opportunities, and seeking improved methods for assessing the value of marketing innovations.
- Evolve and accelerate measurement practices, including novel test designs that ensure incremental learnings and modern sampling procedures to streamline results generation.
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact.
- Support the build-out of performance reporting dashboards that scales with our growing global business. Work through tagging and data integrity issues with cross functional stakeholders in Engineering and Channel teams.
- Bring clarity to KPIs, performance drivers, and competitive trends.
- Advise in areas of forecasting, budgeting, and goal setting.
- Must have extensive experience in Marketing Analytics tools; Doubleclick, Adwords, Bing Ads, Omniture, Google Analytics, DCM, App marketing
- Fluency in web analytics and pixel implementations.
- SQL and Hive fluency. Experience with R/Python is highly desired
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Thorough experience designing and analyzing experiments across a variety of marketing channels, and statistical protocols
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with App e-commerce and tracking
- 5+ years in performance marketing analytics roles.
- At least 4 of those years in each of SEM, Display, Paid Social and Analytics.
- Experience with App marketing tracking and performance analytics
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, CS, etc., from a top tier school. Strong preference for candidates with advanced degrees in the same disciplines.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself