Manager, Data ScientistSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0037845
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to provide advanced analytics support to eBay Advertising Team. As a critical member of the Advertising Analytics team, this role will have the unique opportunity to influence decision making of Advertising product roadmap with their insights and thought leadership.
- Accelerate eBay Advertising product growth by developing deeper understanding of business performance drivers and developing/enhancing statistical models to address key business questions: Cannibalization measurement, forecast, experimental design, recommendations for improvement, etc
- Execute deep descriptive analytics of business performance and drivers to supplement standard reporting and inform data-driven decision
- Advise and share Advanced Analytics models and best practices to leverage and build Advanced Analytics capability
- Develop, maintain, and apply statistical models to business questions - including forecasting, ads mix, etc.
- Provide strategic portfolio and Ads pricing recommendations based on robust analysis of experimentation data
- Provide responses to ad-hoc follow-ups when double-click required with tables/charts for relevant data
- Support relationships with the key end-user stakeholders
- Own flawless execution of analytics exercises
Key Competencies Required
- High stakeholder management skills
- High degree of organizational savvy
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to challenge requests in a constructive way that does not damage relationships or slow progress
- Depth and breadth of syndicated data analytics and statistical modeling
- Experience leading model development, scaling, and deploying across markets for sustained usage and impact
- Very strong analytical thinking with proven ability to connect data & insight and deliver clear implications for the business
Key Qualifications / Requirements:
- 4 years+ experience in data science or analytics
- Require the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Administration or Business Analytics. Master or PhD degree is a plus.
- Experience in statistical model development (Probabilistic graphical models, Cannibalization Models, General and Bayesian Regressions). Database management and programming capabilities.
- Strong collaborator: Interested and motivated by working with others. Actively creates and participates in opportunities to co-create solutions across markets; will be willing and able to embrace Responsive Ways of Working
- Super strong technical skills to turn big data in Teradata and Hadoop into actionable insights. At the same time, you also have the ability to think about the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: