Manager, Product & Tech CommunicationsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0034590 Subsidiary StubHub
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
These actions and attitudes are how we approach our work and how we work together as a unified team.
At StubHub, we are:
- Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
- Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
- Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
- Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
- Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
- Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
Our Product & Technology (P&T) team is undergoing an exciting transformation to change how we build and optimize for speed, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We’re looking for a talented individual to partner with our Chief Product & Technology Officer and senior P&T leaders to help define, craft, coordinate and execute the Transformation communications efforts – both internally and externally.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Define and execute the communications strategy for P&T, balancing long-term vision with short-term efforts and successes.
- Coordinate with P&T leaders to create communications plans for key events and meetings, both internal and external.
- Generate creative ideas for sharing P&T successes with the rest of the organization, and external influencers.
- Craft key messages that outline the value proposition of this transformation journey for respective audiences – customers, developers, business partners, and internal stakeholders and employees.
- Leverage our presence on LinkedIn and Medium to attract talent.
- Find opportunities with internal influencers, collaborating directly with CPTO, to promote industry recognition (e.g. awards, speaking opportunities) for being customer-first and innovation-driven.
- Collaborate with the broader communications team and contribute to communications outside of P&T over time.
What we’re looking for
- A great teammate who can work across a variety of disciplines, teams, and personalities to help promote and educate others on the value of technology transformation.
- Experience working with external partners to create and socialize assets through a variety of channels - press announcements, industry events, social and traditional media, blog posts, internal emails, Town Hall meetings, etc.
- Excitement around faster, more efficient technology, improved ways of working, design, and storytelling.
- Ability to monitor industry trends to find opportunities to amplify our transformation story.
- A self-motivated individual with an innovative spirit.
- A data-driven approach to improving communications strategy and execution.
- BA/BS degree in Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years relevant experience in PR ideally in Product & Tech (Software Company a plus
Versatile communication skills to write long and short format and build compelling visual content.
- Spanish language a plus
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself