Program / Project Manager - AdvertisingSan Francisco, California
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0039185 Subsidiary eBay
The Advertising Team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We’re crafting innovative ad-tech solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. Our goal is to build a valuable experience for both buyers and sellers, while also driving performance for advertisers. To that end, we are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals.
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
We are looking for an experienced Program/Project Manager to join one of the fastest growing teams at eBay! Your focus will be on handling and helping deliver complex projects from inception to implementation. You’ll get to partner with stakeholders horizontally and vertically within the organization - across product managers, engineers & technical leads, product marketing managers, sales and operations.
- Run end to end lifecycle of complex programs and projects that contribute to the Advertising roadmap, from concept and initiation to release and go to market
- Lead key operating rhythms within the advertising team and between partner teams; ensure that everyone is working together helping solving cross org issues / communication / partner concerns
- Balance trade-offs between business needs with technical constraints; gaining consensus across partners along the way
- Anticipate, assess and manage issues and risks independently; perform as needed root cause analysis and recommend mitigation plans
- Ensure clear status reporting is happening at all levels, whether at the sponsor level or day to day team members
- Develop presentations and supporting documentation for various forums and partners
- Build, document, and improve processes across geographically distributed teams/partners in order to optimize efficiency in a fast-pace environment
- Level up the organization through program/project management standards.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual planning processes
- Experience working in an end to end, cross functional environment with engineering, design, product, sales, ops, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services
- Capable of leading through influence, negotiation and information management and remaining execution focused; holding program/project leads accountable to greater goals regardless of level of seniority
- Ability to take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances and act independently
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Prioritize competing priorities without loss of efficiency or visibility
- Manage multiple partners at various level in the organization and working with them all equally, proactively and transparently
- Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever is vital; while also training others on the team where additive to project success (ownership/apprenticeship mentality)
- Being clear and concise in both verbal and written communications including presentations (e.g., functional/technical specifications, status reports, etc.)
- 5+ years of working experience with partners within Program/Product/Engineering/Sales/Ops organizations
- Demonstrated track record of leading large-scale projects in a product environment from conception through completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of Agile development practices; prior experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical technique
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: