Senior User Experience ResearcherSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0033530
Position: Senior User Researcher
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
The ideal candidate loves working with other experts to help create elegant solutions to tough problems. This person is observant, curious, and passionate about building the best possible experience for our customers. Senior user researchers at Stubhub have great opportunity to help impact the direction of the product and research processes.
The Senior User Researcher will act as a player-coach, supporting cross-functional teams while also pathing strategic opportunities for short-term and long-term research.
The Senior User Researcher is responsible for designing, planning and conducting user research, including methods such as: usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, remote testing, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and other approaches based on need.
The Senior User Researcher converts research findings into actionable next steps and helps drive continued research for cross-functional teams.
In addition to custom research, the Senior User Researcher knows how to leverage existing data and metrics to build a holistic picture and meaningful recommendation for product-improvement.
What you will do:
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on designs and concepts. Methods may include: heuristic evaluations ethnography, field studies, surveys, participatory design, experience mapping, usability tests, card sorting, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, in-depth user interviews, as well as stakeholder interviews.
- Triage and evaluate incoming requests, identify complex user experience problems and high-impact projects, and delivery findings in time for them to be useful and relevant.
- Manage research from kick-off and recruitment to effective communication of the synthesized findings to stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and persuasively to cross-functional teams
- Aligns and collaborates with analytics and consumer insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our users.
- Facilitate and help shape the research process
- Identify opportunities for research to have greater impact across product teams and throughout the organization
- Act as an internal evangelist for design and user research
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, work autonomously & multitask in a fast paced environment
- Understand product roadmaps and be able to translate them into long-term and short-term research plans
- Provide mentorship to more junior user researchers on the team as they support collaborative research efforts and execute independent projects
- 4+ years of practical experience in applied research setting.
- Advanced Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
- Expertise in, and knowing when to apply the range of research methods with experience with collecting and reporting quantitative measurements.
- Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch.
- Able to support findings and recommendations with design, usability, and cognitive principles.
- Must be organized, able to act independently and able to switch between projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- International and eCommerce experience a plus.
Affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with relevant experience will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: