Sr Manager, Vehicles Finance & AnalyticsSan Francisco, California
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0038474
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting global commerce? eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and generating economic opportunity for all.
Founded in 2000, the eBay Motors category has sold over 5M vehicles and is the original, all-in-one-destination platform for vehicles, parts, and accessories. Our customers, which consist of auto enthusiasts, auto dealers, parts distributors, auto parts retailers, buy and sell new and used cars, as well as collector cars, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs and other one-of-a-kind vehicles.
The Sr Manager, Vehicles Finance & Analytics is responsible for financial planning, forecasting, reporting, analytics and strategic insights. The position is based in San Francisco / San Jose and reports through our global finance function.
- Ensure all FP&A related reporting requirements and submissions are delivered in a timely and accurate manner to include leading month-end and quarter close
- Collaborate with business, finance, and analytics teams to understand performance drivers and business outlook
- Provide the business with weekly revenue forecasts and business insights using a detailed bottoms-up revenue forecast model with supporting business drivers
- Partner with controllership team in the execution of accounting and financial controllership processes
- Lead the Vehicles category annual budget, strategic plans, and quarterly ops review process
- Build high-quality business analyses, market insights, and modeling on ad hoc projects for key partners
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of finance and analytics professionals supporting eBay Motors
- 6+ years of related finance experience with a focus on critical thinking and quantitative analysis, with 2+ years of people management
- Prior FP&A experience in a matrixed or multi-national organization, ideally leading revenue and expense management
- Previous experience in, or strong affinity with the Online, Media, or Technology space
- Strategic problem-solver, able to be an active contributor and sparring partner
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills (familiarity with any of SQL, R, or Python)
- Experience with enterprise financial planning systems (preferably SAP, BPC)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with high attention to detail, ability to build impactful management presentations
- Ability to simplify and communicate problems in a clear concise way for the business
- Ability to work during periods with high workloads (including weekends when required)
- Bachelor’s degree, professional finance qualification or MBA preferred
- Ability to travel globally (though mostly, California)
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is ourselves, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your outstanding self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: