Sr. UX Designer - Emerging Markets, eCGSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0036518 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
UX Designer - Emerging Markets, eBay Classifieds Group
Working location: San Francisco
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the globe? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is responsible for operating and growing eBay’s 20 classifieds businesses around the world. We generate $1B of annual revenue, and are the fastest growing business unit within eBay. eCG Emerging Markets is responsible for a portfolio of high growth classifieds businesses within eCG. These include our Real Estate classifieds business in Mexico (Vivanuncios.com.mx), general classifieds site in South Africa (Gumtree.co.za), and our classifieds sites in Poland, Singapore, and Ireland.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of designing great customer experiences for online classifieds, marketplace or ecommerce. If you are an experienced UX Designer who designs products with a 'customer first' attitude, flourishes with delivering business value, and enthusiastic about solving user problems, we’d love to meet you.
Reporting to our Head of Product, you will be based in our San Francisco office with occasional travel to our offices in Mexico City and Cape Town.
- Lead UX design process for Emerging Markets across entire product roadmap
- Conduct concept and usability testing and share findings with teams
- Understand product needs and user psychology. Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and analysts to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Keep abreast with industry trends, conduct competitor analysis and drive user research across markets
- Collaborate with local designers in each market to execute research, tests and design updates
Experience + Qualifications
- B.A. / B.S. Degree in Design or UX (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional UX and visual design experience
- Experience in designing for consumer and/or business products
- Demonstrated deep understanding of UX design principles and information architecture
- Experience in classifieds, marketplace or ecommerce
- Experience with standard design software such as Sketch, InVision, etc
- Experience in behavioral economics a plus
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced ambitious environment with multiple priorities
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: