UX/UI Product Designer InternSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0036644
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? If you said yes, eBay wants to talk to you. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact for people across the globe.
Or maybe you want to help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world. At StubHub, you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating. You will be joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving important customer problems.
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences.
We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next.
As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering an outstanding fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation.
Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™.
Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
Fan First, StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths Richly
- Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
The StubHub User Experience Design team works closely with product management and engineering to transform how customers access and discover entertainment experiences globally. We demonstrate our technology platform to innovate in the entertainment space and we’re passionate about launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday-life easier for millions of buyers & sellers.
You’ll join a team that’s passionate about design thinking and have the opportunity to learn and support within the StubHub experience ecosystem. Embedding with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers researchers, and content strategists, you’ll support and help shape the future of StubHub products.
You’ll need a mix of UX and visual design experience and aptitude to constantly be learning. You’ll apply our design standards to your work, and receive mentorship on how to build new ones as needed. As a JR Product Designer, you’ll support your peers in pushing the product experience while you push your own boundaries and skills along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Partnering with peers, you’ll push our native Apps and mWeb product experiences to the next level
- Design pixel perfect experiences for desktop, hand-held, wearable and beyond
- Build wireframes, low & high fidelity mockups, prototypes & testing
- Collaborate on how we weave brand, content, and customer experience into our products
- Design for savvy, fun loving audiences and help them build the memories of a lifetime
We're looking for someone who:
- Has tireless energy and ability to learn
- Advocates for the customer relentlessly
- Is able to work and collaborate closely with peers to get the job done.
Role requirements - the basics:
- You partner with top-tier UX designers to support and learn
- Support and contribute to the look & feel of our products across platforms
- Outstanding teammate within and outside of the UX team with an open mind and desire to learn
Successful Product Designers at StubHub are:
- Customer focused. You look at a customer problem and come up with solutions.
- Forward-thinking. You can envision a world different than the status quo and show a clear path on how to get there.
- Self-motivated. You don’t wait for permission to act.
- Results-driven. You build consensus and incorporate the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution.
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors, Masters or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2020
- 1-3 years of working in design teams
- BFA in web design or equivalent
- Exposure to customer-facing ecommerce experiences
About the team:
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel this is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: