Associate Category Manager-SneakersSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041220 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of a team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through building, accelerating, and reinventing. The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for an Associate Category Manager, Sneakers to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA, you will help own the Sneakers category. If you have a love of sneakers and sneaker culture, an ownership mentality, are able to build cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
The role is to contribute to the overall Sneakers category strategy and execute this through working with important sellers, brands, retailers, and buyers to make sure eBay has the inventory and experience to grow the business. You and your team will be accountable for the success of your categories.
- Contribute to and execute on category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Responsible for deals, key cultural, and retail moment execution as it relates to the Sneakers category and our customers
- Analyzing performance and driving recommendations for improvement/optimization
- In coordination with Marketing Manager, drive Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates.
- Work with Account and Category Managers to execute strategic initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Contribute to feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
- 2-4 years of proven experience in buying, merchandising, or category management in retail or consumer products industry. E-commerce experience required.
- Passion for sneakers with a broader interest in Fashion & Luxury Goods; experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players.
- Motivated to grow with an entrepreneurial mentality to drive performance against agreed important metrics.
- Influencing & negotiating with internal & external stakeholders
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and business sense in sophisticated data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends and areas of opportunity.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from a widely diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.