Business Operations Sr. ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036988
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe! We are looking for people with drive, ideas, who want to help small businesses succeed —does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
The eBay North America Planning and Operations team is seeking a driven, action-oriented, and a strategic minded individual to take on the role of Business Operations Sr Manager. This role sits at the center of the North American business and requires a “business athlete” – able to think strategically, tell “the story” of the business, work effectively cross-functionally, and at the same time ensure the organization is operating with focus and rigor.
In this role you will:
- Manage business cadences (e.g., weekly business reviews, monthly initiative reviews, quarterly operating reviews), with interactions and collaboration with a variety of teams around the eBay North America Marketplace business, including senior executives
- Lead creation of executive presentation materials – operational reviews with the CEO, Board of Directors materials etc.
- Lead ad hoc initiatives that are critical to meeting business plans for the year and require cross-functional execution
- Drive strategy development for newly emerging initiatives outside core business
- Serve as a Program Manager for cross-functional initiatives, such as the business-critical Holiday Campaign (from initial planning stages, operational readiness across many functional teams, and a series of business-wide stand-up meetings with Executive leadership)
- Support business planning team in creation of overviews of the overall North America business plan
- Manage Business Operations Associate role
The role requires someone who:
- Is a clear communicator
- Can build the business “story” and then is able to develop the materials to support the telling of that narrative to an executive level audience
- Has detail orientation and the ability to balance dynamic tasks with short turnaround
- Enjoys operational precision and detailed program management, but understands the broader strategic context of the business
- Will take the lead in maintaining operating discipline and driving perfection, with front-row exposure to some of the most important decisions within the business
- Can be autonomous and self-reliant
- Has the confidence and maturity to interact with senior executives, often making requests of their time to provide inputs to a collaborative project
- Can lead and advise associate role
- BS Required, MS/MBA Preferred
- 7-10yrs relatable experience, with 3+ years of that experience in strategy development either with a major consulting firm or internal corporate strategy team required
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills with world-class capabilities in PowerPoint and Excel required
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
- Professional experience in business operations, program management or working with cross-functional teams preferred
- Successful candidates will have a passion for eCommerce marketplaces, exhibit a strong bias for action, possess collaboration and partner management skills and an intuition in balancing “right” and “fast”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: