Category Manager InternSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035407
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? If you said yes, eBay wants to talk to you. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact for people across the globe.
About the team:
eBay’s Americas organization is where it all started and it’s a critical segment of the business. We’ve been doing this for almost 25 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
About the role:
Our merchandising team is looking for a talented Category Manager Intern to support the soft and hard goods categories. The position supports the vertical strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing assistance to the category management teams and site merchandising teams. This role is a foundational entry point to build fundamental knowledge of retail commerce.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn and motivated by an ambitious, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record for flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Must be agile, flexible and an innate solution-seeker.
- Should have background in merchandising and possess general knowledge of online retail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills will be paramount for this role, as this individual will be responsible for coordination and follow-up on multiple concurrent projects.
This role is unique in that expectations will go beyond general execution and extend into independent decision-making, requiring a blend of creative thought balanced by data-driven analysis.
- Support and assist to execute end-to-end strategy for on-site merchandising experience
- Execute and Launch Deals/Events
- Tracking and analyzing campaign performance and making recommendations for improvement/optimization
- Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist in identifying process inefficiencies and making recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner.
- Integration of the market and the competitive landscape, contributing to new ideas.
- Assist with seller relations
- Executing Contracts with accuracy and following guidelines
- Working towards an BA/BS
- Accomplished educational resume including GPA, Activities and leadership roles
- Demonstrated passion for ecommerce and merchandising
- Experience working effectively within a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with a varied set of software and ability to learn new tools quickly
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel this is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: