Category ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039317 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
The role is to help define the strategy and execute through working with strategically important sellers, buyers and industry experts to ensure eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. The Category Manager in Focus Verticals will be accountable for the success of the categories. Our initiative is a new and unique one, and the right candidate has an opportunity to help shape it!
In this role you will help drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions) while leading vertical, horizontal, cultural, and niche community execution for the Focus Vertical and our customers.
The Category Manager will monitor key data and oversee performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners. Help drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction. Lead platform feature ideation and adoption for the best on-site experience. Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams. Develop and execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience.
- 5+yrs proven experience with increasing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Startup experience valued.
- Electronics category experience preferred
- Consistent track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organization. Expert level experience integrating emerging trends and best practices in strategies
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in complex negotiations
- Ability to articulate vision and purpose for the initiatives and programs as it relates to long-term goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability using metrics to drive efficiency, consumer satisfaction, and manage costs.
- Strong partnership skills; able to broker mutually beneficial outcomes with partners internally and externally.
- Ownership mentality to drive performance against agreed critical metrics
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Bachelor’s degree required; MS/MBA preferred
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: