Corporate Communications InternSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035872
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
The Communications team is responsible for managing, protecting and strengthening the company’s brand and reputation among key partners. We play a critical role in eBay’s brand strategy, positioning the company as a global leader in the commerce revolution. One of our primary areas of focus has been to drive consumer brand consideration of eBay, activate a differentiated eBay brand, and bring the company’s Purpose to life. We are comprised of more than 100 people, globally, activating a modern, robust, and dynamic communications system that deploys ground breaking tools, technologies and techniques to drive business impact. We are propelling eBay’s Purpose by elevating its Global Impact, highlighting how eBay builds a better, more sustainable form of commerce—where people are empowered, causes are supported and opportunities are open to everyone.
As a Corporate Communications summer intern, you will work with a leading PR team, helping to tell stories that promote the eBay brand. You will get first-hand experience in the communications field and opportunities to pitch creative ideas that help drive awareness and consideration.
This position will work directly with eBay’s corporate communications team. S/he will be responsible for assisting with, implementing, and monitoring projects under the direction of his/her manager. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support media relations efforts, including creating pitches and media lists.
- Compile reports on best practices to share among larger team.
- Brainstorm creative tactical ideas that can help eBay resonate with a millennial audience.
- Support company announcements with blog and social posts.
- Aggregate articles each week, providing summaries and implications for eBay.
- Provide social media support for @eBay on Twitter, including tracking and writing content.
- Working towards and bachelor's or master’s degree.
- General understanding of Public Relations/Communications and of the retail and ecommerce industries.
- Preference for academic studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Journalism.
- Excellent writing skills and able to translate narratives into different formats, from story pitches to presentations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to balance a variety of detailed tasks and work efficiently under deadlines.
- Self-starter that is independent and able to help lead small projects.
- Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity.
- Keen understanding of emerging social channels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs; Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: