Data Science InternSan Jose, California
Bellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0040300 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? If you said yes, eBay wants to talk to you. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact for people across the globe.
About the team:
Like to shake things up? We do! eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world. Put on your entrepreneurial hat, roll up your sleeves and dive head first into eBay’s extensive pools of data. Come with an analytical mindset and a real passion for delivering on business goals. Help eBay take data to the next level.
We are looking for a motivated machine learning and data science engineering intern to build robust and scalable software and draw insights from massive data sets. We want the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations: San Jose, CA, New York, Bellevue, WA, and Austin, TX
- Insightful. Be able to draw conclusions from large Datasets, and help drive business decisions with data-driven thinking
- Inventive. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Aggregate information from various places and establish relationships with key partners to get the data you need.
- Tech Savvy. Master your tools, and continue to expand your systems knowledge through formal or informal research and training.
- An excel connoisseur. Know excel backwards and forwards, able to use advanced techniques to collect, display and interpret data.
- SQL expertise. Proficiency in SQL is required. R, Python, Java, and/or C++ are a bonus
- NoSQL Tools. Have familiarity with at least one NoSQL tool; Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig, H2O, etc.
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3years of relevant work experience in an accredited Masters, or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2021
- Enrolled in or pursuing an Master’s or PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related major
- Creative thinker who knows how to build real-world products
- Curate, Acquire & Maintain Datasets
- Build and handle data in traditional and non-traditional ways.
- Share engineering support, release & on call.
- Estimate, plan & rollout changes
- Key skills: SQL, Java, Python, NoSQL tool ie: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, H2O etc.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: