Deal Lead, Strategic PartnershipsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036314
eBay Markets - Americas Strategic Partnerships – Deal Lead
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
The Strategic Partnerships team is tasked with sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and executing custom commercial partnerships to drive significant new inorganic growth opportunities to support eBay’s $30B+ Markets business in the Americas. We advise senior leadership and business unit owners on partner strategy, leads cross-functional teams to drive deal execution, and supports the implementation and ongoing management and development of partners.
We are seeking a Deal Lead who will be responsible for structuring and owning the end-to-end deal execution process for key first-of-its-kind strategic partnerships across the Americas region. This role will be vital in growing and scaling some of the most critical, visible and impactful partnerships and initiatives, providing invaluable thought leadership and deal execution expertise that align with the key strategic priorities for the Americas region and for eBay.
The candidate will combine excellent business insight with exceptional facility with data and operational rigor to become a key business partner and trusted advisor across the organization. S/He will be able to balance moving quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects, to see the big picture while being hands-on and in the details, and to operate independently and productively with limited direction and supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Passionate about technology and e-commerce marketplaces
- Excel in a fast-paced, evolving and demanding work environment
- Resourceful self-starters and creative problem solvers who can manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and hit deliverables with minimal supervision
- Able to quickly establish credibility and work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Standout colleagues with a positive attitude who exceed expectations
- Poised with strong executive presence
This role reports to the Head of Strategic Partnerships within the Americas Ops organization.
- Deal Execution: Initiate, structure and close partnership deals. Negotiate business terms and partnership agreements, including drafting term sheets and supporting the legal team to execute contracts. Ensure that eBay Marketplaces achieves optimum structure, terms and conditions for each deal, consistent with the overall business strategy.
- Strategic Thinking: Identify, evaluate and develop partnership opportunities based on insightful competitive analysis, market research, partnership landscape planning that aligns with eBay’s business goals and strategic priorities. Provide thought leadership on strategic opportunities and synthesize into compelling communications tailored to various audiences including senior executives.
- Deal Scoping & Analysis: Identify key success metrics for deals to evaluate strategic initiatives. Analyze financial impact of potential deals, including Excel deal modeling and assessing and making recommendations to executives.
- Project Management: Lead a dynamic set of critical projects simultaneously while working towards delivery against tight timelines. Collaborate effectively with eBay cross-functional internal teams. Ensure surgical execution and implementation of key horizontal strategic partnerships. Manage a dynamic set of critical projects simultaneously while driving to delivery against tight timelines. Collaborate effectively with eBay cross-functional internal teams. Ensure surgical execution and implementation of key horizontal strategic partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university (graduate degree helpful)
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience: management consulting, investment banking, strategy, or partnership/go-to-market backgrounds preferred
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver with demonstrated ability to work independently and productively with minimal oversight
- Ability to run multiple concurrent projects and drive action and outcomes in a large cross-functional organization
- Outstanding analytical abilities to solve problems and provide practical and actionable business insights from complex data
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence
- Ability to influence with diplomacy and tact across the organization to ensure business objectives are met
- High energy with an infectious positive can-do attitude
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business.
- Location: San Jose, CA
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: