Dir Marketing Analytics OperationsSan Jose, California
San Francisco, California Requisition Number R0040185 Subsidiary eBay
About eBay, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
eBay is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, imagination, and where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Director of Marketing Analytics Operations will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy to create the thinking, systems, and process to advance our Global Marketing organization and the Analytics team supporting them. This role will empower a team of top analysts and data scientists with tools and training to drive insights and identify new business and customer growth opportunities across a broad array of acquisition and retention channels. The position will be responsible to help create the environment of self service to our analysts and business partners, drive the vision and execution of automation within our processes, and support the organization in its continued shift towards increased customer centricity. The leader will proactively research tools, processes, and techniques to bring innovation to the team. The role may involve collaboration with outside vendors to ensure quality of execution on analytics projects. Finally, this leader will work to ensure the most complete information on our customers is available for use in measurement, targeting, and activation.
To be successful in this role, the leader will work independently creating change through listening to marketing, tech, and analytics to find better infrastructure, tools, and processes across an ever-emerging technology stack including open source, internal, and proprietary systems. This leader will bring strong technical, analytical, and strategic strengths with a deep background in statistics, mathematics, and/or engineering. We are looking for an extremely customer-focused executive who can contribute and create breakthrough, best-in-class analytic solutions to help solve complex problems and drive key business decisions. Analytics at eBay is a multidisciplinary craft and it is foundational; it is a strategic arm that heavily influences critical decisions made by eBay leaders.
- Scale the capabilities of the marketing analytics and insights organization in order to drive better business decisions for the Global Marketing organization
- Develop globally consistent analytical frameworks and metrics to better understand and improve marketing return on investment and maximize contribution to growth
- Provide technical expertise in developing methods for measuring business performance and research using advanced mathematical, statistical, and experimental tools & techniques
- Articulate requirements and coordinate with infrastructure teams to increase availability of new internal and external datasets to unlock new insights
- Support training, development, recruiting, and inspiration in a 50-member global team of highly effective marketing analysts
- Communicate and present regularly to eBay’s Chief Marketing Officer, the leadership team for the Global Marketing organization, and other executives
- Drive innovation in one of the top brands on the Internet with the help of cutting-edge technologies
- Proven analytics and insights leader that has built impactful analytical capabilities within a large global company
- 10+ years of experience analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets in relational databases and non-relational databases using querying languages and analytics automation tools
- Strong technical and quantitative background with Masters degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering. PhD degrees preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders in global marketing, product and technology, and finance on planning & execution of eBay’s analytics roadmap
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, changing environment
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business implications of analytic results
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skill, including ability to transition seamlessly from complex analytics to simple/precise business implications
- Experience with data and analytical tools including R and Python
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., multivariate statistics, predictive modeling, controlled test design)
- Ability to influence and drive execution across organizational lines
- Excellent management, recruiting, coaching, team-building, and organizational skills
- Willing to take calculated risks and make decisions with imperfect information
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: