Director, Creative North AmericaSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0018467 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Creative Director is responsible for managing and directing the creative team and their output for the North America region of eBay. This Creative Director, (with an emphasis on the visual experience,) reports directly to the CCO, and partners with the Copy Director as appropriate – overseeing the creative talent and work for a for NA Creative, (including those responsible for branding, marketing, design, production and visual merchandising.) This position is a highly impactful position as they will be providing CCO and executive leadership insights, creative direction and innovation related to the overall off-site and on-site consumer experience.
The Creative Director…
- Appreciates media channels and has a strong understanding of their individual roles and opportunities.
- Experience with creative for traditional, digital, social and emerging channels.
- Intimate understanding (executing, conceptualizing and overseeing) of art direction, design, agile content creation UX, and e-commerce.
- Is an experienced leader and has managed diverse teams.
- Is an excellent communicator - possessing strong persuasive skills and is ability to influence throughout the organization.
- Has a strong understanding of creative strategy, brand development and multichannel creative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transforms rough ideas and general concepts into actions, projects, and completed creative.
- Partnering with copy director and content studio lead, direct the creative teams thru project completion in line with company goals.
- Inspires the creative team to be better connected to our business while also challenging in how we creatively solve – using the platform and technology to a positive outcome.
- Formulates short and long term creative goals and strategies for achieving them.
- Maintains consistency from tier one (off-site creative platforms and campaigns) to onsite consumer engagement and experience.
- Fosters a culture of curiosity and excitement for the innovative and the elevated experience while knowing how it connects to our business.
- Optimizes production efficiency for high volume, budget, timelines and ecommerce-centric best practices (while balancing the quality of creative product.)
- Coordinates, collaborates and persuades Key partners – external agencies, cross-department teams, and multi-regions) for a transcending brand turn-around and optimal creative product that pushes our business forward.
- Has a clear sense for the type of creative leader they are, why creatives are inspired and will follow you.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: