Director, GM HandbagsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041427 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe.
About the team:
The Americas play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. We help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world. We seek to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and reinventing.” Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America. If you are customer-focused, strategic, able to build significant relationships, have an ownership approach and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a results-oriented, Director, General Manager to drive strategy for our Handbags category.
As GM, you will set and deliver the overall business objectives and drive the day-to-day operations for the Category to achieve specific objectives related to volume of commerce, revenue, profit margins, and consumer satisfaction. You will work cross-functionally to strategically identify and prioritize opportunities and execute on to drive the business forward. With P&L responsibility, you will support the management team in the achievement of corporate objectives. You will develop and implement a regional strategy and participate fully in the definition and ongoing evolution of the Handbags Category.
- Drive performance against P&L levers influencing revenue across the business
- Strategically define and drive strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions and site experience) that will enable organic category growth across buyers and sellers
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and retail moment execution as it relates to Handbags specifically on eBay and our customers
- Build and share a vision that identifies new opportunities, foresees upcoming challenges and proactively addresses issues.
- Lead performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Manage team’s performance on key business metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer happiness, gross merchandise volume, etc) and platform feature ideation and adoption
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Drive eBay event planning with Marketing Campaign Manager and Planning function
- Lead marketing plan development and category management asset requests (e.g. placement, coupon, support, etc.)
- 12+ years proven experience with increasing responsibility as a general manager in an online marketplace, digital platform, or retail environment. Startup experience valued.
- Broad functional skillset with proven success in multidisciplinary leadership including marketing, product, operations and P&L leadership
- Excellent decision-making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Comfortable making decisions with imperfect information where you may have ambiguity and need to use data to drive initiatives to completion within specified timelines
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Experience influencing & negotiating with third parties in complex negotiations
- Strategic, customer-centric and growth oriented approach driving performance against agreed critical metrics
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to develop strong cultures, lead groups of individuals and manage cross-functional coordination
- Peerless communication and presentation skills, inventive at communicating simply and effectively in large or small group settings
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Handbags industry knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, MS/MBA preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.