Director of Global SOX ProgramSan Jose, California
Austin, Texas Requisition Number R0037566
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. Finance Integration plays in key role in leading the finance integration activities for our acquisitions, divestitures and expansion activities.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
The Internal Audit Department is seeking to bring in a Director of Global SOX Program. This individual will be responsible for leading the Global SOX compliance program; including identifying and implementing opportunities to streamline existing processes and promoting the effectiveness of the overall control environment. This is an opportunity to take on a dynamic and fast-paced role with frequent interaction with Finance, Technology, and business leaders across the company. This individual will drive the management of the SOX program, as well lead special projects that support internal controls and risk management for the company supporting SOX, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and/or Internal Audit activities, focused on improvement in internal controls and operational processes. This role requires a deep understanding of key business and functions, experience in assessing financial, operational, and technology risks, and the ability to summarize findings and recommendations to Senior Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Lead and manage the governance process around the Global SOX program and ensure timely and efficient execution of quality work supporting each annual program and certification.
- Oversee the evaluation of the design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting to support overall SOX 404 compliance.
- Evaluate strategic, operational, emerging, and financial risks in the context of risk management, specifically as it relates to SOX, enterprise risk and internal audit.
- Communicate with, educate and influence process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of SOX.
- Regularly review SOX program results with senior and executive management. Stay abreast of changes in accounting pronouncements and other regulations to ensure the organization's timely compliance.
- Serve as liaison between internal and external auditors, as well as co-source partners.
- Drive coordination with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense partner functions for risk identification, mitigation, reporting, and remediation, as necessary.
- Identify areas for improvements in internal control and operational processes in support of SOX, ERM and Internal Audit objectives; lead special projects to assess these areas and make recommendations / create action plans.
- Partner with business leaders to identify and evaluate risks and opportunities supporting strategic growth opportunities and execution plans.
- Partner with business leaders and team members in the risk assessment process supporting annual SOX scoping, ERM and the development of annual audit plan.
- Lead a team of skilled employees and develop employee capabilities.
- Contribute to team results by exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization and helping others to accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, audit or related field. MBA, MIS or other advanced degree preferred. Relevant certification (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) preferred.
- Significant knowledge of accounting, business processes and supporting systems, as well as strong technical and business acumen in order to identify control deficiencies, process gaps, business issues and opportunities for improvement. Experience within eCommerce industry is a plus.
- 15+ years combined business experience including demonstrated experience in accounting, audit or risk and 5+ years of management of diverse teams and projects required.
- Proven experience and strong competency in project management, risk and control assessment, and audit skills.
- Experienced in SOX Compliance required.Experience in enterprise risk management, internal audit, accounting, financial reporting and / or corporate governance preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SOX processes, documentation, and remediation of deficiencies, both business and IT sytems. Experience with reporting both externally and internally, as well as remediating material weaknesses, significant deficiencies and control deficiencies.
- Ability to lead complex projects across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused management style which promotes open communication and collaborative problem resolution; ability to establish strong partnerships and relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate the business context of issues identified and work with a wide variety of levels, businesses and functions across the company.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Strong demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: