Director, On-boarding DevelopmentSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035391 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you'll be a part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to crafting an ambitious and versatile work environment. eBay Payments, will give you the chance to be an integral member of a growing organization that encourages passion, courage and inventiveness. You will be part of building the future of global commerce and making a meaningful, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and courageous experts to transform our business unit and enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management, User Account verification, and authentication inline with the regulations.
As a Director for User On-boarding Development for both buyers and sellers you will play an important role in developing a risk-based approach at an account level that explains the level of user verification that will be consumed in E2E experience for both our buyers and sellers. You will also be leading global teams to help execute our risk management vision.
You are a risk leader that is able to facilitate cross-functional work to drive rationalization and efficiencies across teams in order to enable highly scalable, global risk management policies as it related to the customer on-boarding and security seeking to address user identity and fraud strategy. Your role will be to treat initial identity and verification and authentication as one. With your combination of intense curiosity and a passion for continuous improvement, you will systematically redefine how we balance and govern every aspect of risk management related to customer onboarding, & registration.
- As part of establishing a context for secure transactions, Develop and implement an initial identity verification at on-boarding, repeated routine, and step-up authentication process.
- Encourage the creation of a differentiated experience that offers password-based authentication as one of the pillars of login. Take into consideration using device fingerprinting, phone number reputation and other browser attributes (e.g cookies, machine id...)
- Build outstanding customer journeys to define the on-boarding experience at eBay that minimize exposure of fraud-related loss to our customers (buyers/sellers) and the company.
- Build repeatable, scalable processes that ensure policies are consistently implemented and verified to expected standards
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with segment leads and peers across analytics, product, engineering and marketing organizations to influence the strategic direction and cross-functional prioritization of supporting systems
- You have a deep understanding of risk management in multiple areas: user verification, authentication, account takeover behavior, and fraud strategy
- You are an expert in policy documentation and optimization at a global level, with strong knowledge of industry benchmarks and standard methodologies.
- Ability to succinctly communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences, as well as exceptional listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrated results from vision through strategic planning and execution within the data sciences domain
- You have proven facilitation skills and a consistent track record of change implementation across multiple teams
- You possess excellent problems solving skills – the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives across multiple functions
- You bring with you a consistent track record collaborating across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor, providing thought leadership to help teams balance near term and long range plans to achieve corporate objectives
- MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We aim to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: