eBay for Charity Sr Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036878 Subsidiary eBay
We are seeking a Product Manager, passionate about both charity and online commerce, to join the eBay for Charity team. This person will be responsible for collaborating with designers, engineers, data analysts, and fellow product managers to build great fundraising experiences on eBay.
Be challenged. Make the world a better place. Do cool things that matter. We’re looking for a passionate and creative individual who is excited to define and build the experiences which Charities and Fundraisers use to raise money on eBay. We are offering an opportunity to redefine one of the largest fundraising platforms in the world and integrate it with eBays new Managed Payments product offering.
This is a full-time position with a strong preference to be located in San Jose, CA
As part of the eBay for Charity Product and Technology Team, you connect the world of nonprofits, eBays technology systems, and eBays business systems. You will work with engineering, payment service, marketing and finance, to name just a few. If you are excited about innovative product ideas and are passionate about social responsibility, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for.
- Understand and synthesize customer and business needs from market research, seller visits, Charity interviews and business data.
- Help formulate product strategy for the product line and deliver to a prioritized roadmap that aligns customer and business needs.
- Define product requirements and lead the overall schedule of a project to deliver features on time with high quality.
- Work with partners in business, design, engineering and analytics to define, build and launch products features
- Manage communications and expectations with internal partners and eBay’s Charity Partners
About the Role:
- Build a strategic vision, goals & roadmap for optimizing our customer experiences
- Create a deep understanding of the different types of customers who use our fundraising products. Analyze current experiences to define friction points. Use this to create simple and effective experiences to help sellers accomplish their objectives and create customer value.
- Collaborate closely with payment service team to ensure that the product solution delivers for our Charities and our existing customers on timelines acceptable to eBays overall managed payments roadmap
- Manage risk, drive business results, and deliver compelling features
- Author detailed product requirements and lead scrum teams to enhance customer experiences.
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and provides leadership across the division, product, and/or partner ecosystem. Contribute and encourage a positive working environment despite constant change.
- Actively uphold an optimistic, can-do attitude.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 10+ years of work experience in product management and/or UX design and/or strategy with a consistent record of optimally launching products
- Track of record as a global product manager, designing, building and launching products that customers love and have a real business impact.
- 2+ years of experience working full time for a nonprofit, or equivalent volunteer experience is a strong plus
- Strong interest and understanding in marketplace, and payment business
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and independent motivation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Individual who can prioritize well, communicate effectively, enjoy working in a group of hardworking, opinionated, highly focused individuals
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical partners, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You actively exercise your advanced verbal and written social skills.
- Education in technology and business domains – BS in CS/EE or related disciplines is a clear plus, MBA preferred
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: