Executive AssistantSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040822
ebay's Americas team is looking for an Executive Assistant to support two of its Sr Leaders. In this role you will support our VP, GM of North America Motors and ourVP, Americas Operations. This is a strategic role directly partnering and supporting the VP’s, and has a strong focus on the goals of the BU leadership team to prioritize and maximize efficiency for the organization. This person will be professional, discreet, approachable, upbeat, and a go-to person who is a positive reflection of both Executives and their teams. He/She will also interact with other members of eBay’s Executive Leadership Team and their staff.
This position requires the individual to exercise judgment and initiative, practice a high degree of flexibility, operate effectively in a fast-moving environment and multi-task in order to get the job done. In addition, we’re looking for an individual with the following:
- Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and maintain confidentiality
- Calendar management responsibility for internal and external meetings–using insight, decision-making, and prioritization skills with regards to managing action items
- Preparing and managing confidential information. Being privy to such sensitive information there is a need to maintain good practice with integrity and subtlety
- Planning/project management skills to coordinate employee/client events
- Managing and reconciling expense reports and purchase requisition submissions
- Providing back-up support for other members of the administrative team
- Ability to interact appropriately and skillfully with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as with customers, vendors and visitors
- Resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Anticipate the needs of the executive’s team
- Credibly and competently interact with other executive assistants and managers within/outside of eBay
- Proficiently utilize MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in business related field is desired.
- Minimum of 5+ years of executive administrative experience.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, adhere to deadlines and multi-task
- Strong Technical skills: proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prioritize, take direction, and work independently on projects.
- Customer focused attitude is a requirement!
- Ability to learn new technology, processes, and change directions quickly
- Ability to be effective and efficient in a fast-changing environment
- Compassionate. Excellent people skills
- Desire and ability to positively influence the culture of the department and the company.
- Have a genuine interest in the business and want to understand how we function, why we function, who our clients are, and what our industry is about.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and integrity
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be comfortable making decisions, and be comfortable working on initiatives that require confidentiality
- Sense of humor, desire to have fun
- Willing and able to help others maximize their engagement with the company
- Extremely organized with exceptional follow through
- You will be a great teammate
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: