Full Stack developer
San Jose, California
* Solid Java and Java EE experience
* Good thinking and understanding on data structures, OO programing and design patterns
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 6+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science plus 3+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
* Experience on web services : SOAP, REST, HTTP/XML
* Capable of define, design, and implement complex, scalable systems
* Mobile (iOS and Android) experience a plus
* Good team player and communication skills
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Building user management and security products
* Build high performance and large scale real-time systems that scale to billions of transactions per day and run eBay’s sites 24/7 with 99.99 percent reliability.
* Design layered application, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
* Utilize knowledge of and experience with BE, FE, JS, and CSS; RDBMS and NoSQL, Cloud computing, Big Data, Search, and other lead-edge technologies. databases; Kafka; and Machine Learning and Information Retrieval..
* Work with other developers, quality engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
* Participate in requirement/design meetings with other PD/QE/PM teams
* Follow Definition Of Done(DoD) process for better quality by maintaining 80% and unit test coverage and 70% integration test coverage.
* Thorough code reviews by using code collaborator tool and provide review comments.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years