Head of Ads, Special ProjectsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041308
We are seeking an innovative leader that deeply understands the changing world of eCommerce and the dynamic that advertising plays in the market. They will be a creative thinker who has demonstrated the ability to “see” the future and drive organizations to capture value in new and emerging business models and products.
This creative leader will be the incubator within Ads researching areas and ideas that will drive growth. They will discover, think through and test various business models and prototypes within the Ads space. They will determine where we should play while interacting and collaborating with product and technology leaders. In the short term, this role will lead our off-eBay ad strategy and incubation- unlocking products and business models that will increase velocity and drive buyer discovery, in non-traditional ways.
This role will report to eBay’s VP and GM of Global Advertising, Alex Kazim, and will be a key member of the Ads leadership team. They will provide leverage to the leadership team by focusing on potential areas of investment outside of eBay’s core businesses and challenging the status quo.
This is a critical executive position within eBay. The ideal candidate will operate at a high level of intellectual curiosity, exhibit superior strategic capabilities, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and bring a proven ability to work with and lead teams. They will be super agile and have the maturity, confidence, intellectual strength as well as real world experience to lead and inspire a team of smart and driven professionals. This candidate must have a passion for understanding and serving the unique community of eBay users. As with any position at this level within eBay, this executive has to be comfortable with independently driving multiple initiates at a rapid pace and making recommendations with incomplete data.
- Lead the incubation of new ideas and businesses for eBay Ads, having the ability to think outside of the main lines of where eBay currently plays.
- Defining the business models for new innovations, understanding how those would grow within the eBay ecosystem.
- Use industry trends to inform perspectives and develop insightful market intelligence about key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.)
- Identify expansion opportunities for advertising off-eBay, lead the development of key business initiatives, and maintain liaisons with key eBay stakeholders.
- Drive business judgment, market understanding, problem solving, and fact-based analysis to identify, prioritize, structure, and discover key opportunities.
- Build and lead an impactful team that will drive growth.
- Proven thought leader with deep experience in e-commerce.
- Ability to lead cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed and complex environment.
- Skilled in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction during executive level consultations.
- Ability to distill complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Expertise in strategy development including project formulation, hypotheses development, financial and business modeling, strategic options identification, consensus building, and implementation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for communicating complex business problems in simple terms that are relevant to different populations.
- 15+ years of experience in eCommerce.
- Experience with History of Version 1.0 Products.
- Demonstrated experience with complex business development partnerships.
- Proven leadership with Product Marketing and Business teams.
- GM and/or Corporate Strategy experience a plus.
- Experience with Ad systems in walled gardens preferred.
- BS/BA degree, MBA or Engineering degree preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: