Head of Ads Strategy, M&A & PMOSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041307
We are seeking an expert in the changing world of eCommerce advertising that can help eBay Ads unlock its full potential through strategic thought, planning and execution.
The leader in this role will develop and evangelize the eBay Ads vision by understanding market trends, eBay’s unique value prop in the industry and sizing of the opportunity.
This individual will own crafting the short- and long-term Ads strategy and be responsible for driving our yearly strategic planning process. They will work with the Ads leadership team and stakeholders across eBay to define the objectives, strategy and tactics needed for eBay Ads to achieve its aspirations of growth. They will adapt the strategy and plan to changing business conditions and drive responsibility and accountability for execution.
The individual will lead Strategic Business Development for key initiatives, including partner identification, negotiation and planning.
The individual will lead the Ads Project Management Office, responsible for tracking all key programs and ensuring they are executed on time.
The individual will also be the business owner for Acquisitions for the Ads business unit as well as its parent Core Product organization.
This role will report to eBay’s VP and GM of Global Advertising, Alex Kazim, and will be a key member of the Ads leadership team. They will also work closely with our Executive Team and all other key stakeholders across eBay.
This is a critical executive position within eBay. The ideal candidate will operate at a high level of intellectual curiosity, exhibit superior strategic capabilities, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and bring a proven ability to work with and lead teams. They will have the maturity, confidence, intellectual strengths, and real-world experience to lead and inspire a team of smart and driven professionals. This candidate must have a passion for understanding and serving the unique community of eBay users. As with any position at this level within eBay, this executive has to be comfortable driving multiple initiates at a rapid pace and making recommendations with incomplete data.
- Define, refine, and maintain eBay Ads strategy as well as the evaluate emerging consumer and industry trends, with a responsibility to proactively respond to these rapidly changing environments.
- Identify strategic expansion opportunities and competitive threats, lead the development of key business initiatives, and maintain liaisons with key eBay stakeholders to coordinate implementation.
- Manage Strategic Business Development.
- Identify potential M&A targets, partnering closely with the corporate development team to align deals with eBay strategy and owning the process end to end (including post deal integration)
- Drive business judgment, market understanding, problem solving, and fact-based analysis to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems.
- Lead a talented change management team in the development and execution of strategic initiatives within the Ads portfolio and across partner teams.
- Proven thought leader with deep experience in e-commerce.
- Ability to lead cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed and complex environment.
- Skilled in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction during executive level consultations.
- Ease with executive-level consultations - ability to distill complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Expertise in strategy development including project formulation, hypotheses development, financial and business modeling, strategic options identification, consensus building, and implementation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for communicating complex business problems in simple terms that are relevant to different populations.
- 15+ years of experience in corporate strategy required. Experience working for a top tier strategy consulting firm preferred.
- Experience with M&A, preferably as a buyer.
- Demonstrated experience with complex business development partnerships.
- Experience leading PMO and/or Product Marketing considered a strong plus.
- BS/BA degree, MBA or Engineering degree preferred.
- Proven leadership experience.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: