Head of Marketing Analytics, NASan Jose, California Requisition Number R0042033
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
The Americas play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. We help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world. We seek to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and reinventing.” Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US and Canada. If you are customer-focused, strategic, able to build significant relationships, have an ownership approach and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a Head of Marketing Analytics for North America to support the business and refine our focus and growth trajectory in our active customer base. North America Marketplaces is driving multiple initiatives for accelerating the growth of the volume of goods that its platform enables by improving selection & trust and the development of tailored shopping experiences to significantly accelerate its pace of innovation.
- Work with business, and finance partners to translate top questions into hypotheses and structured analyses.
- Manage a team of analysts to execute analyses and generate insights
- Share findings in a concise and persuasive manner. Translate sophisticated analytics approaches for non-technical audiences.
- Coach partners and cross-functional teams to activate recommendations.
- Establish the right processes to handle incoming requests and ensure the team is able to spend most of their time on high-impact projects.
- Work closely with experimentation platform team to craft and execute A/B test to measure impact of launches/changes.
- Work with Finance colleagues to incorporate analytics insights and approaches into finance processes (forecasting, planning, investor communication).
- Connect with broader eBay analytics community to apply their expertise and to help improve analytics at eBay
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in using data to facilitate business decisions
- Thought leadership. Can help their team, colleagues and partners structure and tackle tough problems.
- Track record of delivering impact. Can both develop but also help implement solutions to ambitious problems.
- Entrepreneurial approach. Always looking for innovative approaches, analyses, and technologies to tackle problems.
- Strong communication skills and partner management
- Advanced understanding of SQL/SAS/Python
- Extensive experience in BI/DW best practices
- Experience in efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Consistent history of collaborating across complex organizations
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with team & partners
- Bachelor’s degree. Degrees in quantitative areas (Stats, Math, CS, etc.) or master’s degree a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.