Horizontal Operations ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036987
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You'll be part of a work culture that's been genuinely committed to diversity since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a drive for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay, does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere! The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through building, accelerating, and disrupting. The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US and Canada.
About the role:
The eBay Americas Planning and Operations team is seeking a driven, action-oriented, and a strategic minded individual to tackle the role of Horizontal Operations Manager.
In this role you will:
- Drive strategy and cross-functional execution of retail moments which includes setting the strategy for retail moments, planning the retail moment calendar annually, leading a cross-functional team to build merchandising, marketing and PR plans for each moment and owning the execution of the moment's plan
- Build learning agenda, drive testing strategy and recap to collect findings and inform future direction
- Build and lead data-driven prioritization process for market and global resources
- Lead ad hoc initiatives that are essential to meeting business plans for the year and require cross-functional execution
The role requires someone who:
- Has an execution-driven mindset and can lead teams against agreed critical metrics
- Has strong business acumen and can think holistically around budget and investment implications
- Can lead cross-functional planning and execution with strong prioritization abilities and skill in engaging various internal partners
- Can communicate in large or small group settings, including with senior executives
- Is detail oriented and has the ability to balance dynamic tasks with short turnaround
- Is passionate about working with marketing to create and execute campaigns
- Previous business experience overseeing P&L and holistic operations in online retail space
- Prior experience coordinating across departmental boundaries, particularly marketing
- BS required, MS/MBA preferred
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills with best-in-class capabilities in PowerPoint and Excel preferred
- Successful candidates will have a passion for eCommerce marketplaces, exhibit a strong bias for action, possess collaboration and partner management skills and an intuition in balancing "right" and "fast"
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: