Information Security EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036901 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay's Information Security Team is seeking an outstanding Information Security Engineer to join our team. You will work side by side with our Development, Operations, Enterprise IT, and Customer Service teams to ensure our global environments are secured and monitored. The right person for this role will have a broad technical information security background with a focus on detection, prevention and response to security threats.
The eBay InfoSec Architecture and Engineering team is a highly effective and collaborative team that support each other to deliver strategic initiatives while demonstrating diverse technical backgrounds and skill sets.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of the Technical Security Architecture Council representing Information Security you will be tasked with reviewing and approving existing and new technology solutions by providing technical oversight, security guidance and security requirements based on policy / standard methodologies.
- Manage virtual teams to deliver Cloud and Dev Ops initiatives via a matrixed environment to support business and security objectives.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information security technologies and requirements.
- Complete projects by providing high level leadership to ensure information security resources are coordinated with matrixed environment project resources and align timetables with users, departments, and data centers.
- Preserve assets by implementing information security and control structures.
- Recommend information security technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements.
- As an InfoSec Engineer you will participate in selecting new team members by interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training other team members.
- Define and accomplish annual security objectives by collaborating with key business units to build strategic roadmaps, forecast requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing program variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service and security by establishing and enforcing organization standards and alignment to Information Security policies and procedures
- Work with Business Users to gather requirements and design secure architecture solutions to satisfy those requirements and ensure compliance with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Collaborate to build and maintain creative solutions to security problems.
- Provide domain expertise on various technologies from network security design, configuration, authentication
- Support and participate in investigating suspicious security event activity
- Proactively find and fix security issues
- Evaluate new security technologies
- Promote security within eBay
- Work across teams to enhance the security posture of internal infrastructure and client-facing systems
- Perform security reviews of server / network / web application design within a virtualized environment and ensure compliance with eBay security policies and security standard methodologies.
- Responsible for raising company-wide security awareness and monitoring information security related web sites and newsletters to stay up to date on current attacks and trends.
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience in software-based networking technologies and SDN management interaction between applications and orchestration systems (API).
- Able to work with various operating systems, with strong knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X and solid background in open source.
- Experience working with and optimizing intrusion detection and SIEM tools
- Experience securing scalable web architectures and distributed systems
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Expert experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments and industries
- Knowledge of PCI and SOX controls
- Must be a proven and motivated individual
- Outstanding communications skills and a clear awareness of what being an effective team member entails
- Calm under pressure, and an ability to provide concise and thorough security related technical support and guidance on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- As a key member of the Information Security Architecture team Design and Develop architectural patterns for the organization and integrate applications.
- Identify, design and build solutions that can be adopted and deployed into a highly available production environment.
- Technical knowledge/ coding skills in Java, Ruby and or Python
- CISSP/GIAC Certification
- Solid project management skills
- Experience with PAM/ IAM/ SSO
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: