Information Security EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041293
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
eBay information security needs a candidate who will assist with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of the cyber security tools and processes within their Global Information Security (GIS) Team.
This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of GIS as part of our overarching security strategy for corporate and marketplaces Threat Management and Response initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity and developing/automating creative solutions. As a Security Engineer, you will be encouraged to engineer and operationalize various systems/products which aid in detecting and preventing threats against eBay’s systems!
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies to support monitoring on-prem and cloud based dynamic environments
- Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
- Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Experience in SecDevOps, configuration management (Salt, Git, Ansible etc), automation and orchestration
- Experience with managing large scale clusters for Splunk and Hadoop
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk components, collection methodology, administration, upgrades etc.
- Security tool administration and support (Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
- Tool deployment and implementation experience on a global scale
- Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
- Designs, implements, configures, and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which demonstrate available resources and simplify operational overhead.
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, organizational change, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of systems
- Overall demonstrated ability in Security Administration & SecDevOps
- Proficiency in flavors of Linux operating system
- Intimate knowledge of Cloud, Public/Private Cloud security standard methodologies and monitoring of systems and services hosted in the cloud (IaaS, SaaS etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and containerization (kubernetes, dockers)
- Must be well organized and able to demonstrate standard methodologies, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and resolve issues independently
- Knowledge of project management tasks, experience crafting application documentation, and proven ability to train other team members.
- Manage maintenance, improvements and upgrades for supported security systems using standard project methodology
- Scripting knowledge is preferable (python, shell, PowerShell)
- Security professional certification such as CISSP, GIAC is a big plus
- Experience in working in a highly dynamic large-scale enterprise
- Knowledge of security vendors and security product capabilities is a nice to have skill.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to efficient pass a client background screening if required
- Capable of working independently and as a team member
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.