San Jose, California
Are you an iOS developer who is passionate about building great apps for a global audience? Join our team in growing one of the world’s largest marketplaces! At ebay, we're working to enable commerce for everyone and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
This opening is with the Americas Regional Development Team. We're focused on improving the experience of buying and selling specialty items on ebay, and work closely with our business team to identify niche markets, unusual features, partnerships, and emerging technologies to help our customers.
As an iOS engineer on the Americas Regional Development Team, you should already have an established foundation in iOS, Swift, and Objective-C, as well as fluency in Agile engineering practices and delivery.
- We follow the Scrum framework and focus on continual improvement in our practices, driven from the ground up. We expect you to advocate for improvements in code and culture, and to support your colleagues in the same.
- We enjoy TDD, pairing, code reviews, and other techniques to maintain high-quality code and resiliency as a team. Quality is more than just code coverage, and everyone is responsible for keeping the bar high.
- We work with geographically dispersed teams, so excellent communication and remote collaboration skills are necessary for our projects to succeed.
Who are we looking for?
During our interviews, expect to discuss and demonstrate that you're able to meet these qualifications:
- 5 years of professional software development, working in teams with a mix of engineers and non-engineers.
- 3 years writing iOS applications, preferably with a focus on e-commerce and service-driven architecture. Please provide links to any apps you've published or open-source projects you've contributed to! We're excited to see what you've built.
- Evidence that you can deliver on challenging, long term projects. A degree is great, but not necessary for most of the work we do. We'll happily consider equivalent professional experience.
- Interest and enthusiasm about making ebay a better marketplace for everyone, everywhere.
What do we offer?
When we take care of good people, we produce great products. When we hire people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, abilities, and talents, we're able to understand and better serve more buyers and sellers.
eBay offers competitive salaries and benefits at all levels, including parental leave, flexible work hours, extensive health benefits and insurance. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and inclusion -- for our employees and our customers.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years