Lead Cryptography EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039259
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We’re looking for an experienced cryptography engineer to join our team! The right person will have a good blend of deep crypto knowledge, and experience making it work in the real world. If you enjoy keeping data safe from prying eyes, want to work on challenges at substantial eCommerce scale across varied application and cloud stacks, and can build business-ready solutions, we want to talk to you!
This position is based in our San Jose office but will involve remote work as current events evolve. You should be fully comfortable accomplishing work in either scenario.
- Craft and develop reusable architectural patterns for cryptography-related systems
- Participate in operational review of technical systems across the company
- Evaluate partner and third-party systems for adequate crypto design and protections
- Be able to simply convey sophisticated cryptography concepts to partners, other engineers, and company leaders, while voicing support for accurate usage
- Evaluate, build, and improve crypto solutions in private and public cloud stacks including containers and virtual machine workloads
- Help application developers accurately use encryption techniques and technology
- Work with peers and leaders around the company to set, and then execute the vision for cryptography
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years designing and implementing modern encryption technologies in various technology stacks
- SME knowledge of modern encryption and hashing algorithms and their usage, purposes, and weaknesses in varied scenarios
- Ability to code in one or more of: Java, C, Python, Objective-C/Swift.
- Experience in crafting safe crypto implementations is a must!
- Knowledge and experience in cloud computing and how services operate
- Demonstrable understanding of how Blockchain technologies function
- Design experience including taking simple requirements all the way through architecture and implementation
- Some time working within the agile process for software development
- Effective communication abilities are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or mathematics-related field
- If you’ve published crypto-related papers or patents, please submit those as well
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: