Lead Product Manager, Seller ExperienceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041906
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to join our dynamic and passionate Seller Experience team.
You’ll be responsible for defining, designing and influencing the products we build for our Sellers. You will work closely with UX and Engineering, as well as regional partners and other internal stakeholders to shape our selling tools and APIs.
You are empathetic, collaborative and curious, and you want to build products that will enable Sellers to thrive on eBay.
- Become an expert on seller needs on eBay through planned discovery and self learning
- Work with design and engineering teams to build products (selling tools and APIs)
- Work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical, user and business worlds
- Own and execute a comprehensive roadmap to deliver high quality feature improvements and new products that provide value to our customers
- Deliver on the most effective set of product solutions and go-to-market strategy for eBay customers.
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Understand and synthesize data to make informed decisions and monitor change performance
- Drive a culture of quality, customer-centricity, scalability, and reliability
At eBay we are passionate about connecting sellers and buyers and providing a platform for global commerce. We champion courage and inventiveness.
Want to be part of a company that enables millions of people to buy, sell, engage and give around the globe?
If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
- A Strong Leader. Forge a path in this critical product area and build a comprehensive roadmap that will rally stakeholders and partners.
- Strategic. Understand and take action on our company strategies and initiatives.
- Inventive. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Aggregate information from various places and build links with our key partners to get the information you need.
- Technical acumen. Understand and be comfortable with the product design lifecycle. Have a clear understanding of the technologies involved in your product development.
- Exceptional problem solving. Be solution oriented, focusing on how to resolve a problem, rather than what isn’t working.
- A Self-Starter. Seek out new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring your energy and enthusiasm to the office every single day.
- At least 7 years of industry experience in product management or a related role
- Experience working on frontend/ UI products and working closely with a design team and iterating based on user feedback.
- Experience working on APIs / platform a plus.
- Ability to think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results
- History of building strong relationships with engineering, business partners, and operational users.
- Comfort sorting through ambiguity in order to drive to practical business impact
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams is desirable
- Proficiency in basic data analysis - ie able to work with analytics partners to determine what tracking is needed, how the results will be reported etc
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.