Lead Software QE EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040754 Subsidiary eBay
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are the Product, Item and Transactions Experience Team in eBay’s buyer org. The team owns the Item details pages, Product pages, Transaction flows - such as Auctions, Best offers flows, SEO optimized landing experiences, and all their services . In other words, this team is responsible for the core systems and applications of eBay. We drive billions of dollars in revenue via 100’s of millions of page views delivered daily across the globe, across all devices & browsers. Performance, Accuracy, real time systems (e.g. winning bid), Scalability and availability are paramount. Team and experience has great financial impact and customer impact and role is highly visible in the organization. In addition, being the core eBay experience, it has to delight the diverse customer base across the world. We are a data driven agile team. We ship often, get immediate user feedback and use experimentation to make decisions. We are seeking a highly motivated, talented and passionate application architect to build and innovate on Quality Engineering for backend applications and science based systems to power eBay’s commerce experiences, and lead junior engineers. Come, join us, and invent the next generation of eCommerce.
We are looking for a passionate, strong lead Quality Engineer who is responsible for Buyer Experience at eBay. As an experienced, senior self-motivated engineer needs to inspire and groom junior engineers. You will be working with extremely talented peers and working closely with developers and product managers. You will be working in an agile environment to deliver high quality features to our customers.
Build test strategy and tools using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
Research, analyze, design, develop and test solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
Lead end to end technical projects and teams
Participate in design discussions, code reviews, test case reviews and project related team meetings
Work with other engineers, Architects, Developers, Product Management, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to have scalable testing solutions with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability.
Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solve testing challenges.
What you will do at eBay
● Develop best in class test automation code
● Lead projects and mentor Junior engineers.
● Carry out functional and non functional testing including web accessibility, product app security, server side load and performance and client side page speed
● Improve product and code testability by influencing design at architecture phase
● Develop tools to improve efficiency of product development and testing.
● Evangelize quality of your product
● Collaborate with other functions including product management, product development, and designers
● Plan, define and execute test strategies in a multi-screen, multi-platform, multi-language web application environment and ensure they are released to production with high quality
Technical & Testing Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 10+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science plus 8+ years of hands-on experience working large-scale distributed systems.
Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
● Strong coding skills, preferably in one or more high level programming languages. Java a plus
● Experience with automation testing frameworks Selenium/Webdriver/TestNG
● Proficient with at least one of the following types of databases - Relational or NoSQL databases (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop, MongoDB)
● Familiarity with server side load and performance testing tools like jMeter
● Experience with non-functional testing like web product security, page accessibility and client side page speed
● Familiarity with mobile operating systems like iOS, Android
● Familiarity with mobile application testing tools, emulators, and mobile application development environment.
● Familiarity with mobile automation tools such as XCTest, Espresso
● Experience with test modelling, test design and test reporting
Soft & Interpersonal Skills
● Highly collaborative mindset and a good team player
● Focus and attention on customer experience
● Quick learning ability to learn new things and independently. seeks areas of improvement for personal growth.
● Self-driven attitude: goes the extra mile, proposes solutions and improvements, is involved and proactive
● Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
● Prioritise well in a multi-project environment
● Analytical mindset and brilliant observer
● Effective negotiator with other teams/functions
● Sound approach to risk management
About Buyer Experience QE Team:
● Buyer Experience QE team is a highly dynamic team that enables powering disruptive experiences on eBay including view item, transactions, home page, my ebay, global header, browse, deals, events, interest, warranty, stores, gift cards, notification, coupons.
● Opportunity to work cross ebay eco system
● Opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technology such as node js.
● We aspire to be full stack engineers.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: