MTS 1, Software Engineer 25
San Jose, California
The eBay's traffic team is chartered with making the site faster for all eBay users around the globe and also improve eBay's availability. As a Senior member of the Traffic Team, the ideal candidate will have an opportunity to develop on Open source L4 and L7 proxies that is processing eBay production traffic from all the eBay edges around the world. The team has already contributed back to the open source community and we are looking forward to contribute more.
The team is also responsible for managing the entire development/release cycle of the entire stack and deploy it on Kubernetes clusters. As part of the traffic team, the candidate is also expected to use various monitoring and alerting tools to constantly improve the stack's observability and debug issues. The team is also responsible for delivering next generation edge services like caching to make eBay sites faster.
* Join a small but growing all-star engineering team developing breakthrough content acceleration technologies at cloud scale
* Build, design and implement new features
* Provide thought leadership on content acceleration technologies to internal Application and platform engineering teams
* Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver the platform
* Contribute to upstream open source projects
* Minimum 5+ years of hands-on high-performance development experience in distributed systems and content acceleration systems
* Excellent development and debugging skills using C, C++ and GoLang
* Experience with TDD (test driven development) coding style.
* Should be comfortable learning new frameworks, languages and techniques.
* Deep understanding of the network topology and experience with debugging issues at TCP/HTTP protocol level.
* Startup experience is a plus
* Experience contributing to open source project
Additional skill set:
* Asynchronous and Concurrent Programming
* Browser Side Security (XSS, CSRF, CSP)
* Debugging tools like TCPdump, Wireshark.
* Developing and deploying applications in a containerized environment.
* Experience with L4/L7 proxies a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years