MTS 1 , Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume, highly scalable and resilient distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a senior back-end software engineer for Buyer Experience organization to work in Member to Member Communication engineering team. We are responsible for building and managing end-to-end systems to support safe, secure and effective communication between marketplace sellers and buyers.
- Define, design, and implement highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems
- Work throughout all phases of the software development life cycle independently as well as work jointly with other team members
- Collaborate with architects, product management, engineering, QE and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead product design, produce clear, well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews
- Evangelize and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of developers, analysts, and product managers
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, mentorship to develop and improve performance of individual team members and success of overall team
- Strictly follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% unit test coverage and other release criteria standards
- Responsible for leading engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
- 6+ years of experience in software development using Java, SOAP, RESTful Web Services. Experience with NodeJS is a major plus.
- 4+ years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL, and Elastic Search
- 1+ years of experience in designing, and building highly scalable and available back-end systems and services for large web sites
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, execute and drive the product deliverables to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- MS + 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 8 years of experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years