MTS-2 Engineer – Knowledge GraphSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037062 Subsidiary eBay
MTS-2 Engineer – Knowledge Graph
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with deep experience developing knowledge graphs for specific purposes, e-commerce experience a big plus. In this role, you will be the technical leader delivering the centerpiece of a huge-scale system that pulls order out of uncertainty across one of the largest data sets on the planet.
About the team
eBay's catalog team faces challenges no one else has tackled -- we start with data of extraordinarily wide-ranging quality. When in your career will you have the chance to define such an ambitious project and bring it to Production? Join the team architecting data and knowledge management that enables millions of people to make or supplement their income. Where else can you have that kind of impact on people's lives?
We use programming and machine learning at immense scale to define products, and to establish a myriad of relationships among them (competing, accessory, variation, etc.) and between them and the rest of the world (price guidance, item signed by
The Structured Data R&D team uses a wide variety of tools across the stack, including state of the art machine learning technologies including our own proprietary high-performance vector space processing technology. We deploy in a number of frameworks including Docker and Kubernetes, OpenStack and public cloud, as well as highly optimized bare metal installations, and make extensive use of Hadoop and Spark. We also use a number of programming languages including Java, Python, Scala, Go, R, our creativity is not limited by language choice - we are free to choose the best solution to the problem.
We are looking for hardworking, highly motivated, hands-on professionals who can lead and mentor. These robust individuals will help take eBay to the next level through technical innovation and will help drive our technical direction for the next decade.
- Conceive, design and implement solutions that address complex business and technology needs for knowledge graph. The problems range from knowledge graph construction, data management and applications.
- Enlarge eBay’s portfolio of capabilities through coherent APIs for internal users, sellers, and third parties.
- Contribute to eBay’s catalog of reusable patterns. Collaborate on pattern definition with partners and peers to ensure that the pattern meets all necessary requirements. Create polyglot reference implementations of the pattern with clear and concise documentation to support adoption.
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop technologies in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Build prototypes and convince business units of the benefits of the new technologies. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Deep subject matter expertise in one or more e-commerce domains to improve of our software ecosystem.
- Provide hands-on technical an thought leadership across development, product management, operations, and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships within or across teams to help others further their careers.
- Hands on experiences in building and optimizing Big Data pipelines and architectures with Spark.
- Strong data analytic skills, experiences in ontology modeling and natural language processing are big pluses.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and a strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Proven background in modeling software systems and excellent programming skills.
- Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
- A strong technical foundation and strong communication on ideas, reasoning, benefits, costs, and risks to multiple audiences.
- Proven expertise in building platforms that support virtualization, scale, security, availability, performance, and automation. Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with 5 or more years in software engineering.
- Strong track record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, massively scaled, innovative software. Expertise in Test-Driven Development and establishing a DevOps practice a plus.
- Experience defining and modeling a consumable commerce API a plus.
- Domain expertise in one or more e-commerce or cloud infrastructure services a plus.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: