MTS 2, Software Engineer,San Jose, California Requisition Number R0036867 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for empowering small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
At eBay's catalog, we face challenges no one else has to solve -- we start with data of extraordinarily wide-ranging quality. When else in your career will you have the chance to define so ambitious a project and bring it to Production? Join the team architecting data and knowledge management that enables millions of people to make or supplement their income. Where else can you have that kind of impact on people's lives?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with deep experience developing knowledge graphs for specific purposes, e-commerce experience a big plus. In this role, you will be the technical leader delivering the centerpiece of a huge-scale system that pulls order out of chaos across one of the largest data sets on the planet.
We use programming and machine learning at immense scale to define products, and to establish a myriad of relationships among them (competing, accessory, variation, ...) and between them and the rest of the world (price guidance, item signed by
The Structured Data R&D team uses a wide variety of tools across the stack, including state of the art machine learning technologies including our own proprietary high-performance vector space processing technology. We deploy in a number of frameworks including Docker and Kubernetes, OpenStack and public cloud, as well as highly optimized bare metal installations, and make extensive use of Hadoop and Spark. We also use a number of programming languages including Java, Python, Scala, Go, R, ... our creativity is not limited by language choice - we are free to choose the best solution to the problem.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated, hands-on professionals who lead by example. These high-performing individuals will help take eBay to the next level through technical innovation and will help drive our technical direction for the next decade.
- Conceive, design and implement solutions that address complex business and technology needs for knowledge graph. The problems range from knowledge graph construction, data management and applications.
- Enlarge eBay’s portfolio of capabilities through coherent APIs for internal users, sellers, and third parties.
- Contribute to eBay’s catalog of reusable patterns. Collaborate on pattern definition with stakeholders and peers to ensure that the pattern meets all necessary requirements. Create polyglot reference implementations of the pattern with clear and concise documentation to support adoption.
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop technologies in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Build prototypes and convince business units of the benefits of the new technologies. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Deep subject matter expertise in one or more e-commerce domains with the ability to apply that expertise to improve of our software ecosystem.
- Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership across development, product management, operations, and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships within or across teams to help others further their careers.
- Hands on experiences in building and optimizing Big Data data pipelines and architectures with Spark.
- Strong data analytic skills, experiences in ontology modeling and natural language processing are big pluses.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and a strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Demonstrated background in modeling software systems and excellent programming skills.
- Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
- A strong technical foundation and the ability to communicate ideas, reasoning, benefits, costs, and risks to multiple audiences.
- Proven expertise in building platforms that support virtualization, scale, security, availability, performance, and automation. Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with 5 or more years in software engineering.
- Strong track record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, massively scaled, innovative software. Expertise in Test-Driven Development and establishing a DevOps practice a plus.
- Experience defining and modeling a consumable commerce API a plus.
- Domain expertise in one or more e-commerce or cloud infrastructure services a plus.
View ouraccessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: