Full Stack Software Engineer- MTS
San Jose, California
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We need a motivated developer to write high quality, high performance, and maintainable front-end and back-end code while focusing on scalability, security, web standards, interoperability, and accessibility. We want the highest levels of technical talent with programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues.
You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce websites at a scale few companies can match.
- Insightful. You can evaluate user needs and desires, and translate those into viable designs and products
- Inventive. You have the ability to do a lot with less. You can aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key partners to get the information you need
- Tech Savvy. Master your tools and continue to expand your systems knowledge through formal or informal research and training.
- UI expertise. Know design, and JS Frameworks such as React, Vue.js, AngularJS and/or JQuery
- Programming. Be proficient with Python/Java and/or Node.js
- A go-getter. Seek new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring energy and passion to the office every day.
- 3-5 years of full stack software engineering experience, skillset in database tools is preferred
- Own, design and deliver highly available platforms to operate at scale to supervise and manage eBay’s SQL and NoSQL databases
- Design and deliver web services which allow eBay developers to intuitively build applications to supervise and manage eBay’s SQL and no SQL databases through your platforms
- Ensure the high availability - at scale - of these platforms and web services – including the management of the infrastructure, which supports them
- Strong design and programming skills in an Object Oriented Language such as Java/Python
- Strong background in building scaleable and distributed systems
- Experience in building web services at scale – ideally RESTful
- Experience with SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (Mongo, Couchbase) databases
- Nice to haves: Experience with Search (Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene), graph databases (Neo4j) and Reactive Programming
- Passion for large scale, high-volume, distributed systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently – as well as in collaboration with peers
- A desire and ability to use technology to drive creativity
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years