MTS (Staff level Software Engineer)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0040445 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
As a key contributor to eBay Inc.’s Billing Team, the successful candidate will work on the design and implementation of eBay’s next generation application platform that powers eBay’s engineering community. Work with fellow engineers, architects, managers, as well as QE, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions and high quality products that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability. Estimate engineering effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. We support all activities on eBay that require money movement and beyond. We build critical software that have immediate impacts on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
We are seeking a seasoned software engineer who is passionate about utilizing latest technologies to bring the best user experience to our customers. You will work closely with the various business units, product management, architecture and operations as well as third party software vendors. You are expected to be a self-starter and a team player, a strong driver for results. Collaborate with engineers, business units, product management, architects, and operations teams to build solutions in the Billing domain. Design, develop and test major features while working in an Agile Scrum team. Utilize Java, Oracle DB, NoSQL and other technologies eBay is using.
* Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
* Expertise required in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
* Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
* Design, develop and support projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
* Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
* Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews.
* Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
* Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
* Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
* Share release management duties on feature rollouts,
* Develop industry and product technical expertise
* Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Experience must include the following: Java, J2EE, SOA services, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures, XML, Web technologies and internet protocols (5+ yrs);
- Database driven application development such as Oracle, SQL or schema design (5+ yr.); XML Schemas, HTML, AJAX, SOA: SOAP/RESTful Services.
• Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON (4+ yr)
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment, source code management and bug tracking;
- Java application debugging and DB performance issues; IBM WebSphere or other J2EE application servers, such as: IDE.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
A portfolio or work samples demonstrating coding skills (e.g. links to GitHub repository from open source contributions).
Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience.
• Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience
• Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience
• Billing experience a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: