Payments Strategy AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0034850
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
We are seeking a Sr Analyst to join the Payments Strategy team, who will help craft and drive strategy development across the Payments organization, in support of business needs and priorities of eBay’s markets and regions. You will support forming hypotheses, structuring and conducting analysis and articulating strategic options and plans for the three business units in Payments (Payment Services, Payment Operations, and Risk). You will work with a wide variety of business leaders, product teams, solutions managers and other key partners across the organization to help translate their business needs into creative strategies to solve for these business needs. The role will also drive industry and market research to identify unmet payments and risk needs and trends and support proactive formulation of strategies in response to these developments.
- Strategic planning
- Conduct research/ analysis to support development of 3-year plan in terms of payment market approaches, products, experiences, and capabilities
- Support aggregation of organization needs, requests, and plans to feed yearly financial and capacity planning and resource strategies
- Special projects
- Perform analysis and research for payments projects that require long-term viewpoints, cross-functional coordination, specific market expertise, or are on critical path
- Build quantitative and logical models to support grounded recommendations
- Partnership strategy
- Build and maintain fact base on partner capabilities, joint offering, pricing, and terms
- Conduct research on potential new partners to support strategic trajectory
- Strategic investments
- Craft and maintain fact base on potential acquisitions or other forms of investment in companies that can accelerate GPBR strategy
- Facilitate investment process in coordination with appropriate partners
- Market intelligence
- Conduct research/ analysis to identify payments and risk needs and trends that span the market and help integrate these needs into strategy formulation
- Support education regarding payments economics, offerings, and propositions across markets for solution teams, product teams and other partners
- Problem solving: work with managers to identify, scope, and structure key strategy initiatives
- Analytical thinking: exceptional quantitative analytical & data management skills
- Results orientation: biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Team player: thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing uncertainty
- Entrepreneurialism: investigating and getting information required to get the job done will make you much more effective in this role
- 80/20 balance: couple attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Communications: exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience – investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience
- Demonstrated interest in ecommerce, payments or risk industry
- Master’s degree preferred
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: