Product Analytics ManagerSan Jose, California
San Francisco, California Requisition Number R0034503
Our company’s ambition is for the world to shop first on eBay because we offer the best choice and most relevance driven by the world’s most powerful selling platform. eBay Ads underpins this aspiration by delivering products at the intersection of commerce and advertising while solving for buyers, sellers and brands.
eBay Advertising is a fast-growing business within the eBay Inc. family. Our mission is to connect consumers to the world’s advertisers through rich targeting at scale, innovative ad experiences, and data science that serves both sellers and brands across all devices. We have exclusive access to eBay’s unique data on browsing, search, and purchase history for million users and we enjoy eBay’s trusted relationship as a business partner to millions of merchants and retailers. We leverage this data and derive insights to deliver the right ad experiences to the right user at the right time on the right device. We are looking for a super star Analyst to join our first party ads analytics. Ads is one of the top strategic initiatives for eBay so you should expect to feel like you are working at a startup within our bigger company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical background, the ability to partner closely across functional teams and the drive to have significant business impact.
As an internal consultant you will help your stakeholders make data-driven decisions to accelerate the growth of the advertising business. Specifically:
- Work directly with product and business stakeholders to translate questions and hypotheses into structured analyses.
- Run analyses that will generate actionable insights for our stakeholders.
- Partner with a team of data scientists, analysts and external vendors to execute on our analytics roadmap.
- Work with our stakeholders and our experimentation platform to design and execute tests to help us measure the impact of product launches and in-region activities.
- Build self-serve dashboards to reduce ad-hoc analyses.
- Guide and coach our stakeholders to leverage self-serve dashboards.
- Work with Finance team to help incorporate analytics insights into Finance cadences.
- Connect with the existing analytics community at eBay (and other external analytics communities) to leverage their expertise in developing the optimal approach/model for challenging problems.
- Minimum 3 yrs experience in analytics
- Some consulting experience is preferred
- MBA/PhD or Masters in Statistics, Economics or Engineering
- Strong SQL or scripting skills, Tableau skills
- Statistical methodology; multivariate analysis; experimental design; data mining
- Familiarity with statistical packages such as R or Python.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: