Program Manager, Managed PaymentsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039367 Subsidiary eBay
Program Manager,Managed Payments
Updated Job Description
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About Our Team:
The Program Management Office (PMO)charter is to undertake complete ownership of end-to-end delivery of critical initiativesfor eBay’s Managed Paymentsthrough the integration of business, technical, and operations workstreams. We empower world-class teams to create one-of-a-kind experiences that enrich the lives of millions. We are looking for a passionate Program Manager to secure positive outcomes from cross-functional teamsincluding engineering teams,marketing teams,business leaders and operations managers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with Strategy, business and customer stakeholders to define program execution objectives, dependencies, outcomes and requirements.
- Prioritize and define scope to meet target initiative needs in a timely manner given available resources.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute standard program/product management deliverable for the successful launch of new products and services, including: implementation plan, project schedule, project budget and variances, dependency mapping, issues & action items log, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingencies.
- Manage and correlate critical paths across multiple programs to determine and manage escalations and set team focus to address those constraints.
- Partner with internal and external teams to deliver on time and with the quality required.
- Accurately report status and project delivery timeline and scope.
- Proactive and independently takeresponsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution. Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the program.
- Foster fast and well-informed decisions.
- Identify, prioritize, and pressurize open issues.
- TheyDefine strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to presentprogress, and share project information with other professionals intheorganization.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate ability tocoordinate multiple teams, programs/projects, initiatives as they align to a greater whole.
- Proven track record of handling large scale implementations that would otherwise be too difficult to implement and provide the "means" to which the work gets done by governance and policy.
- Natural ability toidentify impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. Spot systemic problems and rally the right team to tackle them.
- Good conceptual thinker to articulate business opportunities and technical solutions. Driveresolutions and cross team deliverable
- Uncomfortable with waiting it out and driving daily to execution.
- Ability to handle and drive to remove ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing products and solving problems.
- Must be team-oriented and be able to work in a close-knit environment.
- Individual must share passion and commitment to the values and mission of eBay and have ability to motivate teams to reach company objectives and follow cultural values.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 8+ years as a Program Management experience in a technology oriented organization.
- 5+ years’ proven track record of successfully launching multi-dependent and complex products and services with geographically distributed teams in complex platform environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Desired Payments experience
eBay Inc. operates e-commerce platforms that connect various buyers and sellers worldwide. Its platforms enable sellers to organize and offer inventory for sale; and buyers to find and buy it virtually anytime and anywhere. The company’s Marketplace platforms include its online marketplace at ebay.com and the eBay mobile apps; and StubHub platforms comprise its online ticket platform at stubhub.com and the StubHub mobile apps, which enable fans to purchase tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows. Its Classifieds platforms include a collection of brands, such as Mobile.de, Kijiji, Gumtree, Marktplaats, eBay Classifieds, and others that offer online classifieds and help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. The company platforms enable users to find, buy, sell, and pay for items through various online, mobile, and offline channels, which include retailers, distributors, liquidators, import and export companies, auctioneers, catalog and mail-order companies, classifieds, directories, search engines, commerce participants, shopping channels, and networks. eBay Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in San Jose, California
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: